POP CULTURE PUNDIT - The Latest Gossip and News About Your Favorite Celebs
HOMEABOUT USARCHIVESLINKSCONTACT ME

George Clooney is the Next Karate Kid


George Clooney’s newest movie role has just been revealed. Apparently it seems Harvey Weinstein is ready to remake Akira Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai with George being cast in a lead role.

I’ll admit it; I enjoyed Tom Cruise in his samurai movie, but George? In terms of a physical role I’d maybe see George playing an arm wrestler or a street punk in Karate Kid 4 – but this? I think I recall George demonstrating some fancy karate moves on the Facts of Life – but does that really qualify as experience in an ‘asian role’?

Bea Arthur is more qualified to play a stripper (close your eyes and picture it, no really, do it). I’d pay more money to see Rosie O’Donnell eat a samurai or see Michael Jackson on Temptation Island (which loosely translates into a kiddy pool in his backyard).

Please read more about this mis-casting below:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060529/ennew_afp/afpentertainmenthongkongchinausjapanfilm_060529094035