POP CULTURE PUNDIT - The Latest Gossip and News About Your Favorite Celebs
HOMEABOUT USARCHIVESLINKSCONTACT ME

Jessica Simpson can't sing 9 to 5


Jessica Simpson was in tears last night after flubbing a song she was performing during the Kennedy Center Honors.

Simpson was on stage singing Nine to Five as part of the tribute to Dolly (big rack) Parton, one of the evening's five guests of honor. Simpson ended her performance abruptly with the words "so nervous" and quickly exited the stage. The stunned audience remained silent, giving her no applause. Simpson appeared to be crying when she and other singers in the tribute returned to the stage (let's be clear, she was crying because I called her backstage to tell her we were through not due to the performance...).

I don't quite understand what Jessica's problem is, Nine to Five is like the easiest song ever! I could go on stage infront of all those people sword fighting a monkey while simultaneously on fire and I would still totally nail it! And I don't mean like just squeak by, I mean I'd easily be nominated for a Tony based on my performance...or a People's Choice Award, because that's the only one that matters because it's voted on by PEOPLE and not robots like the Blockbuster Awards. Damn robots.